This is a super recipe for Paleo peeps or even somebody who doesn’t practice Paleo. It can feed a huge group or keep you stocked with a quick and tasty meal option for a week. Enjoy my kickin’ chicken slower-cooker goodness.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 6 tablespoons cayenne
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 4 tablespoons Cajun spice
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 cups Frank’s hot sauce
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 large peppers (any color), sliced
- Chop one large yellow onion (keep the pieces chunky). Place it in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Pour the chicken broth over onions.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine the cayenne, paprika, Cajun spice, red pepper flakes, black pepper and sea salt to use as a rub. (Keep ingredients out in case you need to add more.)
- Pour Frank’s hot sauce in another bowl.
- Dunk each chicken breast into the Frank’s hot sauce, then dredge it in the rub. Place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker on top of the onions.
- Cut the peppers into chunky slices and place on top of the chicken.
- Turn the slow cooker on low and cover.
- Cook for about four to six hours, depending on your slow cooker, but be sure to check it regularly and slice chicken in half to check inside.
You can serve the chicken immediately with the sliced peppers or other veggies, refrigerate it or freeze it. I love throwing each chicken breast into an individual baggie so I can grab it and go. Makes for a quick and simple but healthy and protein-packed option!