The combination of sweet coconut and savory chicken, all dipped into homemade Dijon honey mustard, is mouthwatering. Next time you’re hosting a party or watching a game with friends, whip up some drumsticks for a fun, healthy finger food everyone will enjoy.
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk*
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan pink sea salt
- ¼ cup organic coconut flour
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup raw honey* Can substitute regular almond milk or coconut milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat eggs and milk in a small bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to a large (gallon-size) zip-top bag.
- Submerge each drumstick into the wet mixture to coat, then place it in the bag containing the dry ingredients. Repeat this for all the drumsticks.
- Shake the drumsticks around in the dry ingredients to coat evenly.
- Space the drumsticks out on a large cookie sheet (or two sheets) and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- While the chicken is cooking, add the Dijon mustard and raw honey to a small mixing bowl. Stir until blended together. Taste and add additional Dijon mustard or raw honey, if desired.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 587 calories, 36 grams protein, 29 grams carbs, 41 grams fat**
** These values are slightly inflated because a portion of the wet and dry ingredients remain and are discarded after all the chicken has been coated.