Whether you’re looking for Paleo-friendly preworkout carbohydrates or you’re in need of a veggie option to accompany dinner, this recipe won’t let you down.
- 40 ounces (10 cups or about 2.5 pounds) butternut squash (peeled and chopped into large chunks)
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter, ghee or coconut ghee
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Add the squash to an ovenproof casserole dish with a lid.
- Add butter, ghee or coconut ghee to the squash, either in multiple tiny slabs or by melting it and pouring it over.
- Sprinkle the seasoning on the squash, cover and place in the oven.
- Cook for 45 minutes to an hour, depending on desired consistency.
- Mix the cooked squash (carefully if you don’t want to mash it together) to evenly distribute the juices before serving. Serves 6.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 122 calories, 2 grams protein, 22 grams carbs, 5 grams fiber, 4 grams fat