- 24 ounces fresh Brussels sprouts
- 1½ tablespoons coconut oil/ghee/
- grass-fed butter
- 1 apple, chopped
- 3 pieces bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon Himalayan pink sea salt
1. Rinse Brussels sprouts to clean.
2. Cut majority of stem/base off sprout and discard. Remove rough/dirty outermost layer of sprouts and discard.
3. Slice some sprouts in half and others very thinly, moving from right to left vertically across the sprout (similar to slicing an onion).
4. Add coconut oil, ghee or grass-fed butter to a pan and heat over medium heat.
5. Add apples, bacon, garlic and sprouts. Sprinkle with salt and garlic powder. Cook 15 to 20 minutes over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until Brussels sprout pieces have wilted to about half their original size. The sprouts can be slightly browned, if desired.
6. Remove from heat and enjoy.
Makes six servings.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):121 calories, 4 grams protein, 12 grams carbs, 4 grams fat