Herbed Spinach and Tomato Frittata
On nontraining days, you likely don’t need many morning calories. This light and easy egg dish paired with some fruit is perfect for a quick, healthy breakfast.
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- 4 egg whites, lightly beaten*
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- nonstick olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine spinach, tomato, egg whites and oregano into a bowl and mix well.
- Spray a small baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Pour mixture into a baking dish and bake until the center is firm, approximately 15 minutes.
- Eat with one large piece of fruit.
Nutrition facts: 160 calories, 18 grams protein, 24 grams carbs, 1 gram fat
*Want this meal to pack more of a punch? Add two egg yolks into the recipe and gain 108 calories, 5 grams of protein and 9 grams of fat.